In the U.S., 3 million people a year suffer from mild to severe hemorrhoids. This is not a condition to be “cured” like a disease or a virus but a condition to be treated by surgery or other procedures. Dr. Murrell specializes in the state-of-the-art, non-invasive treatment called Sclerotherapy. He has been providing this treatment for many years and prides himself on delivering some of the best non-invasive hemorrhoid treatment Los Angeles has to offer.
What are Hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids are swollen veins and tissue located in the anal canal. They are caused by a build-up of pressure in the pelvic and rectal area. This pressure forces blood into the veins located in the anal canal where it pools and results in swelling.
Hemorrhoids can become so severe that the pain and discomfort they cause is unmistakable. Detecting this condition early on and receiving treatment such as Sclerotherapy by Dr. Murrell can prevent unnecessary pain and worry. Learn these symptoms so you can help detect this condition:
- Rectal bleeding. There may be bright red blood on the toilet paper, in the toilet bowl or on the stool itself.
- Itching. Internal hemorrhoids can leak mucus, which irritates the skin in the anus and causes itching.
- Intestinal discomfort. When you have just passed a bowel movement and feel the sensation of needing to again immediately afterwards, this can mean internal hemorrhoids. This feeling is caused by the hemorrhoids pressing onto each other in the anal canal.
- Irritated skin. When internal hemorrhoids become so large as to bulge out of the anus they can secrete mucus, which causes irritation.
- Painful rectum. Severe pain may mean that the blood supply to the area is being blocked or cut off. If this is the case emergency treatment is needed.
If you feel or observe any of these symptoms, contact Dr. Murrell right away. Early detection and treatment are key to a quick recovery and handling. Dr. Murrell has been voted Top Doctor for Colon and Rectal Surgeries in 2015. He received this award by providing some of the best non-invasive hemorrhoid treatment Beverly Hills has available.
Sclerotherapy is a procedure used by millions of people to help decrease the appearance of inflamed varicose veins, spider veins and of course, hemorrhoids. A solution of quinine, polidocanol or zinc chloride is injected into the desired area. This solution then creates scar tissue in the veins that block the flow of blood. When used for treating hemorrhoids, this scar tissue reduces the blood supply and shrinks the hemorrhoid.
Other hemorrhoid treatments can be painful and require longer recovery times. A Hemorrhoidectomy for example, removes the hemorrhoid by surgery, which then requires the area to be sutured. Sclerotherapy is completely non-invasive and patients walk out of our clinic the same day.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of hemorrhoids and want to find out if Sclerotherapy is right for you, your next step is a one-on-one private consultation with Dr. Murrell. You will be fully informed on all of your treatment options so you can make the best decision on the procedure that is right for you. Dr. Murrell provides some of the best minimally invasive hemorrhoid treatment Los Angeles and Beverly Hills have to offer. Dr. Murrell and his friendly staff look forward to hearing from you and are standing by to help.